Saturday, January 31, 2009

The Long (Expensive) Death of the Rabbit Ears


How rude that there is more public advertising and awareness around the transition to digital tv than any other public health, literacy or hunger campaign.  The fact that this is taking up so much of our public officials time and our money ($1.8 BILLION!!!!) is rather pathetic.  I've never seen such action on behalf of our government to rally people to "save their tv."  

I'm not for everyone losing television (lord only knows what would happen to me without Mad Men!), I just think that we should hear more about pressing issues.  Tell me where to donate food or tell people about the toxic peanut butter!  Now we have until April to make sure that no American loses their signal (and they need MORE money!).

No comments: