Thursday, November 20, 2008

Guilty! Of Rudeness...


Sorry I've been so quiet. I've been summoned to jury duty where there is just SO much to report. It has to begin with the first hour when we were all sitting in the big jury pool room. I heard a clip, clip, clipping and thought, "No. That can't be what I think it is." Yes. Nail clipping.

BTW... jury duty is our civic duty. If we all had better things to do, the system really doesn't work or at least fulfill its intent. During the second phase, everyone lined up with their excuses and we waited about an hour for each to be heard by the judge and lawyers. Obviously some are absolutely valid but I can't imagine anyone finding it easy to put your life on hold. It is very rude to think that someone else can take on your responsibilities.

No comments: